Tap and Modern classes at Laird Academy follow the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance (ISTD) syllabus which provides the opportunity for the young student to develop a strong technique and enable them to blossom into an accomplished dancer.
Each class incorporates elements of Jazz and Contemporary, with these theatrical styles of dance often utilised in professional West End musical productions.
Laird Academy offers examinations in ISTD Modern and Tap and the consistent progression through the examination grades provides the essential building blocks needed to create a strong performer and indeed, a fit and healthy child!
- White Sleeveless Laird Academy Regulation Leotard
- Plain Black Jazz Leggings
- Black OR White Jazz Shoes
- Black Tap Shoes (Capezio OR Bloch with toe and heel taps)
- Navy Uniform Character Skirt (ONLY the Laird Academy)
- Black/White Socks
- Pink Laird Academy Hoodie